Nominations are now closed!
2019 Roshgold Young Business Achiever Awards
2019 Roshgold Young Business Achiever Awards
2019 Roshgold Young Business Achiever Award
Nominations has closed
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ROSHGOLD YOUNG BUSINESS ACHIEVER AWARD COMPETITION CONDUCTED BY ROSHGOLD INVESTMENT HOLDINGS LIMITED:
All participants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- Roshgold Investment Holdings Ltd (“Roshgold”) is conducting this promotional competition (“the Competition”).
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents who are in possession of a valid identity document, except for any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Roshgold and any sponsors and Promotional partners, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Nominees should be between the ages of 18-37 years old and reside in South Africa
- Professional service businesses do not qualify for this competition (medical practitioners, legal firms, accounting professionals and management and consulting services)
- This competition is open from the date Roshgold pronounces the competition open (September 2019) and entry closes on Sunday 30th October 2019. Any entries received after 30th October 2019 will not be accepted or entertained as a participant in the competition.
- The participants will need to be vetted to ensure that the business is a legitimate business and that the participant will warrant that any prize won will be used for the development and growth of the business entered in the competition.
- To participate, participants are required to enter the competition on the following website www.ybaa.co.za where they will be required to complete the provided application form, upload pictures/videos, marketing material, supporting information of themselves, their business and a short story that describes the nature, purpose and context of their business.
- Roshgold will be promoting this competition through the media and social media and participants who become aware of this competition as a result of Roshgold’s and the competitions partners and sponsors efforts, social media posts and other promotional or advertising efforts must include in their entry the name of the media that they became aware of the competition.
- To qualify for a chance to enter and win the competition or any of the prizes on offer, a participant must be the owner of a small business. A small business is defined, for the purpose of this competition, as a business with an annual turnover of not more than R1 million.
- All entrants will be vetted to ensure the business is a legitimate or a bona fide small business.
SELECTION OF THE WINNERS
- Five finalists (5) will be chosen by the judging panel after 22 November 2019 when entries for the competition are closed.
- The competition entries will be vetted by the panel of judges and winners will be announced on 25 January 2020 at the Roshgold YBAA Gala Event.
- The judges will base their decision on a matrix scoring basis and all scores will be collated and audited.
- The prizes are detailed as per Roshgold’s communications titled 2019 YBAA Prizes and will include cash, partner offers, bank accounts, video and photo shoots, interviews in media and social media, coaching and mentoring and coverage in Roshgold’s in-house magazine ; Roshgold News.
- A maximum of one entry is allowed per participant.
- Participants must provide their correct details, including electronic contact details. If any participant has given incorrect contact details, Roshgold reserves the right to disqualify a participant in terms of these rules.
- Winners will be announced on social media, Roshgold communication and radio stations. By entering the competition, prize winners agree to the publication of their name by Roshgold.
- Roshgold reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to any of the winners. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to Roshgold.
- Failure to attend the prize giving function, furnishing of any information, claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply with any of Roshgold’s or the judges requirements may disqualify the participant or any winners and alternate new winner will be drawn in their place at the sole discretion of Roshgold and Partners to the competition. The right to redress any matter will be given to the Participant if time and the judges allow.
- Roshgold or the Judges shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Each Participant should ensure that the applications or communications are received by Roshgold.
- Roshgold shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Roshgold reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is
suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation or falsifying any of or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the following website www.ybaa.co.za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Roshgold office on telephone number 016 455 1436.
- No prizes are exchangeable for cash and are not transferrable.
- Roshgold shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional
competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Roshgold, Partners and Sponsors or its agents.
- In the event that the prize is not available despite Roshgold’s reasonable
endeavours to procure the prize, Roshgold reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
29.Neither the Roshgold, its Partners, Sponsors, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by a participant resulting from the participation in this competition or the use of any prize.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the competition and/or these terms and conditions, the decision of the Roshgold will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
- Important notice: Roshgold is not liable for any technical failures affecting
participation in the competition and assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
- The Promoter may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
35.By entering this competition you agree to receive promotional information by means of electronic mail or short message system from Roshgold, its agents, Sponsors, Partners or associated companies.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any Social Media site or platform and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to Roshgold and its agents only and not to the Social Media site.
37.All entrants in this Competition release Social Media sites and Platforms from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- Past participants may enter, provided they were not awarded as a TOP 5 finalist in previous years.
E & OE