“I encourage all new businessmen to enter competitions like the Roshgold Young Business Achievers Awards. It helps shape your business understanding and you learn so much from everyone.”
– Sadiyah Mosam, Mesmerizing Mixes- Roshgold YBAA 2017 FINALIST
Roshgold launched the Young Business Achiever Awards in the year 2017. The Roshgold Group, an organization founded in roots close to community development over three decades ago believed that it was an opportune time to launch and promote a vehicle of positive change and support for young entrepreneurs facing surmountable challenges. Roshgold chose not to target a broad market of entrepreneurs and businesses but the niche of particularly YOUNG or “green” businesses who find it difficult to grow as they have limited support, experience and resources.
We are looking for:
- Candidates who are able to demonstrate outstanding achievement in their respective field.
- Businesses who have clear aspirations and an outstanding attitude to their work.
- Technologically savvy candidates, this could be as simple as using social media to promote their businesses, also including programmes, apps, machinery and any efforts to acquire and use tech in its various forms.
- They are eager to learn/upskill and also show commitment to life-long learning and innovation.
- Employment Creation as a direct outcome of the entrepreneur going into business.
- And very importantly they were worthy candidates who make a significant contribution to social responsibility.
Do you fit the above profile? ENTER TODAY!!
The YBAA Competition is facilitated each year by the Roshgold Team including:
- Mr Haroun Pochee, CEO Roshgold, Founder YBAA
Haroun Pochee’s passion of youth development and entrepreneurship led to the establishment of The Roshgold Young Business Achiever Awards. As a Chartered Accountant, with experience in investment, business development and entrepreneurship he started Growing Hands Entrepreneur Development to offer support, mentorship and coaching to emerging businesses. Haroun edits Roshgold News, a Roshgold quarterly publication focussing on business, entrepreneurship, investment and lifestyle issues.
- Mr Ebrahim Sujee Chairman Roshgold Investment Holdings.
Ebrahim Sujee’s experience in finance, retail management and entrepreneurship qualifies him to be a co-ordinator and judge for The Roshgold Young Business Achiever Award. As Chairman of Roshgold, Mr Sujee, says; “ Roshgold always encouraged entrepreneurship. We needed an initiative like this to help drive younger people into business.” He appeals to all young achievers who qualify to enter and enjoy the ride of this exciting competition.
- Ms Aadilah Sallie- YBAA Project Coordinator
Aadilah Sallie an accountant by profession, is the Group Manager of Roshgold Investment Holdings for the past eight years. Aadilah facilitates the planning and coordination of the Roshgold Young Business Achiever Awards. Her hands-on approach, interaction with participants, judges and the YBAA organising committee makes her critical to the team. Aadilah enjoys the participants real-life stories and is passionate about championing the cause of our entrepreneurs.
- Ms Shaakira Rahiman-Saleh- YBAA Marketing
Shaakira holds a BCOM Marketing degree. She is a marketing strategist, published author and entrepreneur. Shaakira was a finalist in the Radio 702 Sage One Small Business Awards 2015. Shaakira has been involved with Roshgold’s Marketing function for over ten years. She is the Assistant Project Coordinator for Roshgold Young Business Achiever Awards. Shaakira is a member of the African Women’s Movement (AWM) and is passionate about youth and women empowerment.
- Roshgold is thankful to be supported by our extended dynamic and capable team including: Nazeera Cajee, Anja Goeiman. Sannah Nhlapo and Flora Chabane.